Friday, March 18, 2011

FYI: McDonalds is NOT a good pre-run meal.

Ok, so, HI! I know I've been MIA. I am not good at this blog thing, but I promise to try to get better for those 1 or 2 people out there who actually read this!
So, I am almost done with week 2 of my training. And I'm still alive! :) Good news!!!
Today, I took the day off of work and spent the day with the family! We went on a playdate with my bff and Camden's bff. (they just happen to be mother and son! :)) Well, being that we live in a town with NOTHING to do, we went to McDonalds. I cheated BIG TIME on the diet and had an Angus Mushroom Swiss burger. It was tasty, but it was not kind to me on the treadmill afterward. I have never felt such a nasty feeling in my stomach. Around mile 2.5 I honestly thought about quitting. But, I decided to just speed up and get it over with, so I did. But, lesson learned here: NEVER EVER eat McDonald's before a run. Gross! My stomach still isn't quite right.
In other news: I ran on Monday, cycled on Tuesday and took Wednesday and Thursday off. Oops! But, tomorrow is my long run of 4 miles. Then, I will only have 10 weeks left! Can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment