Monday, March 21, 2011

Keeping up with the...

My biggest struggle with running is mental. I have horrible self image which leads to horrible self talk. If one of my friends posts their run on facebook and I see it before my run, I am doomed. I am constantly trying to keep up. A friend asked a question earlier about how do you stop comparing yourself...i need to find the answer to this question. I am CONSTANTLY comparing myself to everyone else. My best friend is skinnier, has bigger boobs, more money and worst of all..is faster than me. When she posts her run on facebook I am always thinking "crap, now i have to push really hard tonight." WHY??? I need to remember I am only racing against myself. Crawl, walk, run or roll..I just need to CROSS that finish line after 13.1 miles. ::::SIGH::: someday I will learn.
Goal today: 3.5 miles, Actual: 4 miles in 45 minutes. Slow, but DONE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment