Sunday, March 27, 2011

week 3: FAIL!!!

Oh my heavens! I fell off track this week! We had birthdays and injuries and babies born and.....a whole bunch of other excuses that are just that, EXCUSES! I have not run since my 4 miles on Monday. I intended to get 5 miles in today, but alas, I didn't. I am disappointed in myself. Disappointed enough to go get on the treadmill at 9:42? No, but disappointed nonetheless. Luckily, Mr. Higdon planned for slackers like me when he put in the "run a 5k race" week. I guess I will be skipping that week and making up for my failure of a week. I got some crappy news today from my husband. He said that Chase Utley (some baseball player for a team that is NOT the Red Sox and who I therefore do not know) has the same injury that I have and the guys on ESPN said it is usually only resolved with surgery. I am going to put my faith in the sports med dr I saw in the fall who assured me I would be ok with rest, stretching and strength training rather than the announcers on a sports channel :)

In other news, Phil and I are really thinking about doing a Warrior Dash. there are 3 or 4 that are about 5 hours from us and we are trying to decide which one will fit best into our schedule this summer. I am scared..but excited!

Tomorrow is Monday and a new day, a new week. I WILL get all of my runs in this week, I have to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment