Saturday, March 5, 2011

Let's try this again...

About a eight months ago I got the crazy idea that maybe I'd like to run a marathon someday. I decided to ease myself into it and registered for a half marathon! I talked my best friend's husband into running with me and away we went. I am world's slowest runner. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a tortoise pass me on one of my longer runs. But, I decided that all I cared about was crossing the finish line. I didn't care how long it took as long as I crossed that finish line on October 24. I stuck to my training..kind of. I became fairly confident that I was going to actually be able to cross this one thing off my bucket list. I clocked the mileage to my parents's house from my house and it was an even 9 miles. PERFECT! I would run there on my 9 mile day! Well....I ran there...but that was the last long run I would have for a while. I got injured. So, instead of crossing the finish line on October 24, I stood at at the finish line and watched other people cross it. But, I'm ready to cross the finish line!!! I am going to run the Buffalo Half Marathon on May 29th. Did you hear that? I AM GOING TO CROSS THAT FINISH LINE!!! I will get to knock two things off the bucket list that weekend! First, I'm going to see the NKOTBSB tour on May 28 and the following morning I'm going to do some "hanging tough" of my own! I'm going to cross the finish line of my first half marathon! Training starts on Monday..here goes nothin'...again!

1 comment: