Thursday, April 28, 2011

A how to guide to having a crappy workout.

1. Forget your sports bra. Double Ds are FINE bouncing in your face while you run. Luckily, I escaped with no black eyes or fat lips.

2. Forget to charge your ipod. The buzz of the treadmills and ellipticals moving, along with some grunting and heavy breathing is the perfect soundtrack to a run.

3. Pick a gym that is cheap and doesn't turn on the air conditioning. Sweat is sexxxxy!

4. Forget something to pull your hair back with. It's great to not only have sweat dripping into your eyes, but sweaty hair beating you in the face like a wet dog's tail.

5. Pick a treadmill next to a guy who thinking power walking is an olympic sport in which gold can only be earned with the most grunting. (this is especially great when combined with number 2)

6. Wear pants to a gym that has no a/c.

7. Pick a treadmill in front of an unattractive/creepy version Ronny from Jersey Shore who seems to enjoy the bouncing of the DDs.

8. Forget to grab a towel on the way in so sweat can drip down your face and you can't cover up the time/distance screen.

9. Pick the ONLY treadmill in the gym that doesn't have a TV in front of it so all that you have to look at is yourself in the mirror with creepy Ronny in the background.

10. Repeat in your head the ENTIRE run: THIS SUCKS YOU WILL NEVER BE READY THIS SUCKS.

Hopefully I correct my mistakes soon....31 days until race day!!

2 comments:

  1. I think I would have just went home and tried again later! No way I can run without a bra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I never would have gone back. Getting the kids in and out of the car is a work out in itself. LOL! I did have two tanks that had bras built in..they don't really work, but they did the job for today. It was a short run and then I cycled. so, I just worked with what i had :)

    ReplyDelete